Trees are a natural way of beautifying property and giving it a homey look. However, a damaged or rotting tree can pose great safety hazard to those living near it. It is important for such a tree to be removed before it breaks off and damages property or blocks pathways. Sometimes, tree branches may break due to a storm or strong winds and block driveways or roads. The process of tree removal is a complex one that you should not try to undertake on your own. It is for this reason that you need professional arborists to remove any unwanted trees before they cause damage on your property.
Why use tree removal professionals?
There are many reasons why you should hire professional arborists to remove trees that are hazardous or have already caused damage. These include the following.
- Tree removal professionals are well trained to cut trees without endangering themselves or those around them.
- They have the necessary tools and equipment to remove trees without causing any damage to property or posing danger to people around them.
- Once a tree has been removed, experts will also remove the tree trunk and roots at your request.
- Tree removal professionals carry assessment on your property to identify any trees that may be having problems. They are able to identify tree-related problems before they occur, for example rotting branches and trees that have root problems.
- Once a tree has been removed and you don't wish to keep the wood, tree removal experts have a vehicle ready to haul the tree away.
Cost of tree removal services
The cost of tree removal varies depending on the company you chose to carry out the procedure. It is therefore important to call a few companies and get their estimate before settling for the cheapest one. Remember it is not just about price but quality of service. Ensure you get well-trained arborists to the job. Generally, the cost of tree removal is dependent on the following factors.
- Tree height. Companies will often have a set price per foot; therefore, the taller the tree, the more you will pay to have it removed. The size of the tree will also determine the type of equipment needed for removal which might be more expensive for larger trees.
- Emergency services. If a tree's branches break off and you call in arborists to remove the tree, it will be more expensive. This is because they will be required to do the job quickly before any further damage is caused.
- After tree removal services. Once a tree is removed, you may want the trunk removed or the wood split for your fireplace. These services will increase the overall price of tree removal.
In addition to tree removal, arborists also offer services such as tree trimming where they trim off branches that may be rotting, overhanging or weak. Using tree removal professionals is the safest and easiest way to get rid of hazardous trees in your property while ensuring the safety of those around you. If you have specific questions about the importance of tree maintenance, contact a business like Dowling Tree Services.